7 April 2016

NYX LINGERIE LIQUID LIPSTICKS | LIP SWATCHES & FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Recently, I clocked on to the fact that NYX is available at Boots, a realisation my bank balance wasn’t so happy with. I’ve loved the bits I’ve tried from NYX previously, especially when it comes to the colour range for lip products - no girl can have too many almost identical lipsticks.

In the end I decided to stock up on the Lingerie Lipsticks as I’m into my matte, liquid lippies right now. I just find they’re so much easier, application wise! They’re all nude tones (be warned, ‘nude’ will be mentioned a lot in this post) so they’re just my sort of thing. I ended up buying five colours initially, before ordering another three as I wanted to do a more ‘comprehensive’ blog post - it’s amazing how many purchases you can justify for blogging purposes! There are 12 shades in total, but I skipped on a few of the lighter ones as I know they’ll probably make me look like death warmed up.

Overall, I’m really rating these, especially when you consider they’re only £6.50 each. I’d say they’re on par with my Gerard Cosmetics favourites, with a colour range that’s slightly more wearable. Texture wise they feel whipped/mousse like when applied, drying to a matte finish. I don’t find they’re crumbly or overly drying, nor do they leave my lips feeling minging when I’m wearing them. I am a bit excessive with collecting lip products, but I think all the colours I’d wear, with a few favourites along the way. 
Top Row L - R
Beauty Mark
Beauty Mark I bought after Teddy, mainly because I wanted to see if there was much difference between the two. If I’m honest, it’s minimal… The sort that only us folk that know the difference between Bare Study and Painterly would notice. I’d say this one is slightly reddish when compared with Teddy, the warmer of the two. 

Teddy
I haven’t tried the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits, but based on pictures both Beauty Mark and Teddy seem to have the ’True Brown’ look to them. On me, Teddy comes out greyer than Beauty Mark, a cooler toned brown. Teddy and Beauty Mark apply well, but I layer up a couple of times to get a really even finish. 

Exotic
Surprisingly, this is one of my favourites. I nearly didn’t go for it as it’s the least nude-y of the nudes, but I love it on. I just think it’s a really flattering colour - a deep, neutral looking pink. If you like MAC Whirl I think you’d be a fan of this one as I feel like it’s that sort of colour but better. More pink, more matte, more opaque and easier to apply precisely. 

Ruffle Trim
This is another I liked way more than I thought I would. It just feels summery - I know I’m going to love it with a tan. If you’re after something with more colour, I’d say both Ruffle Trim and Exotic are the ones to go for. 

Bottom Row L - R
Bedtime Flirt
Bedtime Flirt is that girly nude with a little bit of pink. I tend to go for brown/mauve toned lips, but I love this for something more feminine. I know I’ll end up wearing it loads as it seems like the failsafe colour for an everyday lip. 

Push Up
For a ‘nude nude’, this is life. I don’t feel like I look like I’ve got concealer on my lips wearing it, but it’s still completely neutral for my skin tone. I’ve been wearing this one for work as it’s a nice natural option for a matte lip. 

Corset
Corset comes out as a real skin tone on me, without the peachiness you usually get with nude lipsticks. It’s definitely got that greyish tone to it, and while it’s not something I’d wear everyday, I like to have different options like this in my makeup bag. It’s just a change from what I usually go for!  

Honeymoon
This one reminded me of MAC Stone, the darker greyish lip option. Somehow this one feels more wearable… I don’t think it’s quite as dark as Stone so I think it’s easier to pull off without feeling like you’ve suddenly got yellow teeth. 

Annnnd that’s me on a lipstick spending ban! Have any of you tried these out? Do they live up to any other liquid lip products you’ve tried?


youtube / bloglovin / twitter / facebook / pinterest / tumblr / instagram
x
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. They all look like such lovely shades. I think I'd struggle to know which one to get first!

    Ella xx

    truthfullyella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYX! Gonna give this a look. x

    www.ashrealasitgets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lipsticks look amazing! I want to get evey single shade!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! These look gorgeous! I have just bought 6 Gerard Hydra Matte liquid lipsticks but now I want these too! What. Are. You. Doing. To. Me.

    Such a good post! xxxxx

    Ellen | xellegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole range looks seriously impressive! I'm heading to my local Boots later this week and I'm just praying that they have a NYX stand now!

    Steph - http://nourishmeclean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm yet to try something from NYX since it came over to the UK, but I think I may have to make a purchase very soon! These look gorgeous, and for the price they're an absolute bargain! Beauty Mark is top of my list, such a cute pinky nude. Gorgeous photos as usual x

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous, I have the soft matte lip cream and liquid suede and love them both but I am definitely going to try these too :) xx

    Zoe ♥ MammafulZo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've become a bit obsessed with these too - I've only allowed myself to buy Embellishment (a shade I think you'd look amazing in) but I think Ruffle Trim is up next x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these liquid lipsticks; I recently got Ruffle Trim and Teddy & can't stop going back and forth with them. I need to definitely get a few more!!!

    Hope xox // B'bB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah these look so stunning! A few good dupes for the new Anastasia Beverly Hills nudes that were just released, I'm definitely gonna pick these up and do a post comparing them! Lovely photos, as per.

    Isabelle | www.isabellekategm.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. These sound amazing, and they look incredible on you. I can't get over how cheap they are!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had no idea it was available at Boots too! Might definitely have to go and have a look as these colours all look amazing x

    Millie x
    Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nude lipstick isn't my thing so it's not surprising I'm drawn to the shade exotic and will be putting it on my wishlist and cursing Boots with glee

    https://matchamilady.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such gorgeous colours.. I really like the 'Bedtime Flirt' shade! xx

    Ciara Rose | www.ciara-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Push Up, Lace Detail and Satin Ribbon. Satin Ribbon really washes me out as i am quite pale. I do like them but as someone who suffers with dry lips i find these extremely drying compared to other matte lipsticks i have. I do use them but i have to exfoliate first.
    Emmy | Emmys Beauty Cave | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for including lip swatches as well. I haven't tried these but I'd like to get my hands on a couple. I have bagged myself the Kylie lip kits which I'll review soon :) The shades here look gorgeous x




    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard so many mixed reviews on these, so people have said they're amazing and other have said they're patchy but I think for £6.50 it's worth giving a go! I also love the colour bedtime flirt it's so pretty and wearable!
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  18. The shade selection is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its a shame you didnt say what the colours are when they're watched on your arm. They are good swatches so it would be good to know what colour was what. I know the tubes have the numbers on but they mean nothing to most people

    ReplyDelete
  20. Also on the lip swatches have you mixed up corset and honeymoon. You have honeymoon as the last one but I think thats Corset as Corset is lighter than honeymoon

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whuuut they're at Boots now? Thank you for sharing that wonderful news hehe! Such stunning colours!
    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  22. So in love with them! But when I wanted to buy to test, there remained only one in stock! So I'm waiting. Anyway, these colors are beautiful !
    Good post xx

    theblondmane.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ive heard so many different reviews of these, glad you included pics with them on, I'm deffo going to purchase a few now X

    www.amrgx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Fashion Influx | UK FASHION BLOG. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig